Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Poem

Events careen towards wrack and ruin
wonder if God knows what He’s doin’
questions no one asks out loud
can’t see through this fog and cloud
stumbling, plodding almost falling
moving towards the voice that’s calling
fuzzy head and heavy heart
if only I could press “re-start”
feels like hell, I must press on
can’t stop here, I’m being drawn
the voice is still, the voice is small
I read the writing on the wall
cuz there’s no place He cannot speak
the light is dim, I get a peak
behind the veil, one clear thought
don’t forget that you’ve been bought
snap, the notion now in mind
implications soon unwind
He has walked the path before
built a bridge, unlocked the door
Once again my way is clear
costly love drives out the fear
Our Pioneer has blazed the trail
sprung the trap and gone our bail
We can follow through the night
knowing that His face is bright

1 comment:

Teague said...

Cool! Love the rhythmic, rambling feel :)