Wednesday, January 22, 2014

God in my Coffee - cont.

Something went wrong with the screen on my I-pad and I couldn't scroll down to finish this entry.
I'm sure you're all wondering why it was titled "God in my Coffee."
Well, you see, after I got through the morning and got past the feelings and the lack of feelings (numbness?) and the mental tangent about "if I were a car . . ." - did you know that a tangent is the place where a line intersects a circle at only one point!?
Well after all that, I made it to Starbucks and ordered a short, bold, drip and they had to do a "pour over" ( is that T.M.I.?) and I took the lid off and smelled it and tasted it, because I always do that to test the aroma and flavor before masking all its imperfections with cream (now that's T.M.I.!), then, at that very moment, God met me and came to me and crawled up into my nostrils through the smell of the coffee!  And then I realized that He was there all along and waiting to be recognized and all it took was that familiar aroma - you know how our sense of smell is the strongest connection to certain memories?  Well in that moment I made a connection with all of the good things in my life and realized that God is good and the source of all that's good because "Every good and perfect gift comes from above . . . from the Father of Lights" and I'm sure that applies to coffee as well, whether it's Starbucks or Tully's or Peet's.  And that's my story because that's what happened to me.  He snuck up on me and surprised me when I least expected it - only now I'm going to be expecting it more and even looking for it!  And you should too.

No comments: